Legionella Bacteria Detected in Queensland Hospitals & Aged Care Centres
A year after the Queensland Government launched a crackdown on Legionella outbreaks, more than half of their hospitals and aged care centres (over 170 facilities) have tested positive for the potentially deadly Legionella bacteria.
Queensland Health highlighted the following Hospitals:
- Lady Bjelke-Petersen Community Hospital – 22/22 detections
- Lady Bjelke-Petersen Community Hospital – 40/69 detections
- Barcaldine Hospital – 62/121 detections
- Prince Charles Hospital – 153/367 detections
- The Park Centre for Mental Health – 146/270 detections
Find out how Ecosafe International is pioneering the way for our Hospital and Aged Care Clients in one of our case studies by clicking here.
Ecosafe International’s partnership with DoDiligence has seen one of Perth’s largest private hospitals with regular failure rates (approximately 3 out of 30 samples per month) to 100% compliance (over 180 tests with no Legionella detected, in the past 6 months).