As you are aware there are many acute risks within water. With only essential personnel required on Sites as a result of COVID-19, there is a potential for a major impact to water usage / flow.
With reduced numbers on site and localised closures / low flow areas it is worth including in any COVID-19 contingency plans, the requirement for flushing of areas with reduced usage. This will ensure these areas (such as accommodation) can be re-opened as quickly as possible (without the need for remedial disinfection of water systems).
Should areas be stagnant or have reduced flow there is a direct risk of the proliferation of opportunistic pathogens such as Legionella and Naegleria Fowleri, which can have a significant health risk upon reoccupation.
To prevent the need for costly and time consuming remedials the implementation of a suitable flushing program is recommended for all areas / locations impacted by changes in occupation / water usage.
How can Ecosafe Support with COVID-19 & Water Quality Management?
Undoubtedly your personal and Team workloads have increased significantly with the management of COVID-19. Whilst Ecosafe does not offer services that directly assist with the management of COVID-19, we can certainly assist with interim support for routine ‘water quality duties’ to assist with ‘buying you back some time’.
Please let us know if you require any support with water quality management which may include, but is not limited to:
- Known / suspected areas of low turnover are flushed on a routine basis
- Ensuring Free Residual Chlorine (FRC) management tasks are completed to ensure adequate disinfection residuals are present at end point fixtures
- Water quality results interpretation and reporting
- Incident response management (such as Legionella, Amoeba, E. coli or chemical detections)
- Internal and external reporting including reporting to Department of Health (DoH)
- Routine and investigative sampling
- Annual operational and verification data review
- Management of distributed water quality and recommissioning of isolated / unused / seldom-used facilities
- Chairing of the water quality management team meetings.
Ecosafe is dynamic and will continue to adapt to ensure water risks continue to be effectively managed during these uncertain times. The Ecosafe Team are still online, and we look forward to offering you and your Team continued support.
Click below to download this article:
Contact us for more information.
Connect with us on Facebook.